Chrysler K-Car Club President Goes On Racist, Homophobic Rant

[Originally found on the Malaise Motors group on Facebook.]

I’m passionate about cars in an irrational and unreasonable way. The best automobile I ever owned was a Saab 900 that cost a small fortune to maintain over the course of five years which I finally gave away to a friend and collector. There was nothing sensible about the entire experience.

Passion, by its very nature, precludes rationality. Channeled productively, it can motivate greatness and achievement. Unfortunately, channeling your energy into disposable Mopars from the 1980s can lead to, at least in Guy Coulombe’s case, racism and religious zealotry. I can be absurdly religious about my favorite cars and trucks, but not at the expense of human decency.

Fast Tube by Casper

FB_IMG_1492931587631-2017-04-23-23-59.jpg

This is an email that Mr Coulombe sent to members of the Chrysler K Car Club:

FB_IMG_1492931591034-2017-04-23-23-59.jpg

For clarification, the Chrysler E-class was a stretched K-car. He is not referring to a Mercedes-Benz.

He then denies being racist:

FB_IMG_1492931595678-2017-04-23-23-59.jpg

Then he apologizes for being racist while being racist:

FB_IMG_1492931598890-2017-04-23-23-59.jpg

And then he gets upset with “FOUR homosexuals”:

FB_IMG_1492931602267-2017-04-23-23-59.jpg

Cars are the original social network. You drive them to new places to meet new folks, bond over design and performance, and form lifelong friendships with great people who share your values.

Or in the case of Guy V. Coulombe, you use them as a platform to be an asshole.

BONUS: He has a wildly unsuccessful GoFundMe campaign seeking donations to restore his 1984 LeBaron. He genuinely doesn’t understand why people aren’t contributing to the cause.

46 Responses to Chrysler K-Car Club President Goes On Racist, Homophobic Rant

1. Steven Klein says:

“Cars are the original social network.”

Car CLUBS are social networks. Cars bring together everyone, including those with whom one might not share any interest or friendship. FaceBook users don’t randomly look for strangers to “friend.”

Back when social networks mostly met in person, they were called user groups. A user group brings together people who share a common interest in some activity or thing, with the express purpose of learning and discussing that interest or doing that activity.

Now that I think about it, I think it would be fair to call a church a “Christianity user group.” (And likewise synagogues for Jews, mosques for Muslims, etc.)

2. T Mize says:

The guy you are speaking about has just deteriorated the “club” feeling.

He has made all of the so called members dislike him in so many ways its not funny.
    A president of an organization should not demand Dues or money to help fund his own pocket to try to fix up his own car. If the refuse to pay he threatens them in the rants you are talking about.

Myself and many of his ex members have a few Facebook Groups that we talk and share “K”car stories and help everyone out with out having to pay dues.

please contact me for more info on your story. thanks

• Guy Vincent Coulombe says:

YOU ARE A FUCKING LIAR TIM. I DO NOT LINE MY OWN POCKETS TO FIX MY OWN CARS. AND ANY ASSHOLE THAT DOESN’T PAY CLUB DUES DOESN’T DESERVE TO BE IN A CLUB.

• Guy Vincent Coulombe says:

ONCE I FIX ALL MY CARS I WILL PAY TO FIX PAYING CLUB MEMBERS CARS

• Ace2cool says:

Priorities. Gotta look out for number one. Lol

• C. K. says:

I should start a Go Fund Me to fix my flooded out car. “It’s the last one in my town, for sure, worth saving!” I wonder if I could get more than $30 for it? It wasn’t insured, and I incurred significant personal financial loss on it.at least it wouldn’t be fraudulent.

3. Jimmy says:

For the record, I donated $5 before I realized this guy was a complete douche.

4. Rick says:

I have had a run in with Guy after refusing to pay dues for being on the Facebook page of his “club. He then told me to go and crush my car and don’t ever ask for help. I can only hope I am one of those four homosexuals he was speaking of. I have found that his “charity” is not on the IRS website for 501 (c) charities, he is trying to use a gofundme page to repair a club carxandxthenxaits he plans to drive it one its fixed, and is involved with a local church or is so sort of religious leader.

And he has a habit of posting cars for sale that are not his…

• Guy Vincent Coulombe says:

MY ORGANIZATION IS AN IRS 501(c)4 SOCIAL WELFARE ORGANIZATION ASSHOLE.

• corntrollio says:

Mr. Coulombe, will you please describe what qualifies your organization for 501(c)(4) status? As far as anyone can tell from your GoFundMe site, your 501(c)(4) is designed to funnel money to you to buy and repair K-Cars.

As you can see from the IRS website re: 501(c)(4), your stated goal has *nothing* to do with social welfare, because you are solely benefiting yourself, and you appear to be committing tax fraud:

“To be tax-exempt as a social welfare organization described in Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 501(c)(4), an organization must not be organized for profit and must be operated exclusively to promote social welfare. The earnings of a section 501(c)(4) organization may not inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any managers agreeing to the transaction.
        […]
        To be operated exclusively to promote social welfare, an organization must operate primarily to further the common good and general welfare of the people of the community (such as by bringing about civic betterment and social improvements). […] An organization is not operated primarily for the promotion of social welfare if its primary activity is operating a social club for the benefit, pleasure or recreation of its members, or is carrying on a business with the general public in a manner similar to organizations operated for profit.”

• Rick says:

Guy

Both you and your club do not show up in search results on the IRS active cherry site. To me, this could mean you were denied your not for profit status due to fraud or you never actually applied. Stop your fucking rants and grow up.

5. Wesley duckett says:

I used to be pretty active in his group even tried to help fix his web page. After a few months of fighting with him to try and help boost membership it became too much as it was obvious he was dancing on the edge of bat s**t crazy. I stayed with the group through all 4 of my k-cars. Including the one that was impounded due to a friend. Which by the way I was ridiculed and singled out as a bad club member and someone who shouldn’t be allowed to own a car. But as soon as a better option opened I was gone. As others have said if you need any more info on his craziness contact me.

6. Guy Vincent Coulombe says:

I AM GOING TO GET A LAWYER TO SUE THIS ASSHOLES. THEY ARE ALL LIARS.

7. Kennneth roth says:

Its true folks Guy Vincent Coulombe has threatened and herrassed numerous folks including my self. I have emails that show him threateneding to blow up my k car.

• Guy Vincent Coulombe says:

WHAT IS NOT MENTIONED IS THAT RIGHT NOW THESE FUCKIN ASSHOLES AT THIS WEBSITE ARE HARRASSING ME. I NEVER HARRASSED ANYBODY.

8. Guy Vincent Coulombe says:

YOU ARE ALL FUCKING LIARS.

9. Guy Vincent Coulombe says:

YOU ARE ALL SLANDERERS

10. Lem Aiko says:

This is beautiful. Another nutcase exposed. Jalopnik also posted about this guy. I’ve never seen anyone more insane about a worthless thing in my life. I understand the nostalgia that these bring, but to go on these publically defamation rants against past “members” that’s not cool. If he says he’s gonna sue, Let’s see what happens when these “Homosexuals” sue him for defamation. Also how do you sue over true things that were sent by this “Guy” they just made the emails and messages public. It’ll be interesting to see what lawyer will touch this.

11. Kennneth roth says:

On Nov 30, 2016 7:14 PM, “Guy Coulombe” wrote:
    FOR LYING ABOUT ME TO ALLEN, WHO I TRIED TO RECRUIT, YOU NO GOOD PIECE OF SHIT.

GUY

On Jan 3, 2017 5:20 PM, “Guy Coulombe” wrote:
    I need my car fixed….HA HA HA. I know where a door is, but I am not telling you, unless
    you shut down your website. make a public apology, and donate $200 to the club, HA HA HA

Guy

On Mar 16, 2015 12:57 AM, “Guy V. Coulombe” wrote:
    Ken,

By starting your pages, all you are going to do is antagonize @@@@ and @@@@
    who stole the original page, and I will always have my eye on you. This does more harm to the club than good. If you are willing to fold your page, I will allow you back into the club. If not, well, you aren’t going to get anywhere, and I will soon have the legal means to file an intellectual copyright infringement against you if you do not cease and desist. So, now we have three facebook club pages to contend with, how does that help us as a group? Oh, but you have no loyalty or any vision.
    You like to stab people in the back based on hearsay, and slander them, when you have never even met them.

Guy

12. Kennneth roth says:

Mar 13, 2015 11:54 AM, “Guy V. Coulombe” wrote:
    You turned on me based on hearsay. @@@@ stole the original page. I hope your K-car
    blows up, as there may be no club to help you. I put my heart and soul into this club, and some fucker
    like you, who never even met me in person or heard my side of the story, turned on me.

Guy

13. Guy Vincent Coulombe says:

Make j-e-s-s-e great again

14. Josiah Flynn says:

Coulombe, go seek out professional help. 1980s Mopars aren’t worth the rust on their sorry frames. They were garbage then, as you are now.

15. lawfive says:

I personally want to thank Guy for the hilarity. Screw all these a-holes, Guy, and just keep talking! You crack me the fuck up.

(you greedy nutbag racist homophobic motherfucker)

16. RG says:

This “Guy” nutbag clearly chose the perfect old car to be the focus of his paranoid ramblings. K-cars are mediocre piles of shit that are unworthy of anyone’s time, money or attention- just like Guy. Him being the last one man on earth with a running K-car isn’t a threat against the rest of us… it’s a good thing for the rest of us to keep hoping for!

17. Sporktek says:

Lol, I’m reading this asshole in Alex Jones’ voice and now you are too. You’re welcome.

18. Jen H says:

Holy CRAP! I had no idea that all of this craziness was going on with Guy!! Wow! I’m ceaselessly amazed! X) Guy contacted me in the early part of 2017 (possibly late 2016) regarding my ’81 Aries K wagon. She’s a beaut if you fancy these old thangs. (; Many a random conversation have come up while out and about with her as my ride. (: It’s been a hoot! And, as much as I respect and love the history, the passion that enthusiasts exude, and just the vibration of bygone days…my tastes, personally, are not as much for these. I do indeed own a clean model. She bares little, if any, rust at all, there is some interior deterioration, but all the chrome is present, all her badges, I even hold the original Owners Manual, but, I pushed her too hard and she ‘blew a gasket,’ literally. A head gasket. My husband, being a seasoned mechanic himself, has expressed his opinion regarding my consideration of doing the gasket over simply buying a new head altogether. It’s just too much work for us with little time to give her. I need to sell her immediately due to a move we are experiencing…August 5, 2017, wildomar CA, will be the last day she will be available for sale. Please contact me if you would be interested in adopting her into your family. (: I am just not capable of providing for her as she requires.

But ANYHOO! Good lord GUY! He had come all the way out to our place, in January, desiring, deeply, to have more knowledge than my husband, and to get her to start up (oh, it will be something simple for sure), except that he had no clue of the depth of our experience and knowledge, and was almost put off, that my husband’s first suggestion would be a compression test, if he didn’t believe us. He had zero knowledge of anything of the sort. Trying our best to remain polite and forgiving of his egotistical display of misguided superiority…we merely wanted him to listen, we knew what we were talking about, and could save him HUGE amounts of time and even money, if he could just accept that there is more to life than what he already did know. He told us of an outrageous brake job that had just raked him for thousands…sigh… again…if he would just listen, we could truly be an asset for him. But, it was almost as though he grew fearful of us, once he had fabricated the circumstances of our home, property, our business. Being a proud IRS rep, he was abashed to learn that our newly formed self generating form of income had yet to be licensed completely, and had yet to acquire our Federal Identification Number, I swear he almost started crying. He did go slightly pale, and began making his backward motion toward our gate. Haha! It’s ok Guy, we are very good people, in no way a threat to you. Just because we had just started our own business and had yet to legitimize our formality, does not mean that we are sinners, nor are we dangerous or something to be feared. As a matter of fact, after reading through these remarks today, I would contend that WE are more ‘legit’ than even yourself being that we are no where near attempting to avoid paying taxes, by claiming ourselves a nonprofit. Just sayin’! 😉

Yet, having this opportunity to be a little more descriptive in my overall opinion of Guy, and my personal interaction with him, has only confirmed to me, my need to remain nonjudgemental of my fellow mankind. We all suck at times. We are all idiots at times. All of us can be ‘niggers’ (I mean that only with love;); we all shit, we all stink. But, a good lot of the societal norm, in my experience, doest attempt to remain as dignified as possible. There’s no need for labels of any kind, Guy. It wouldn’t matter what so ever if a gentleman was Chinese, Mexican, gay… personally, those of us baring the Caucasian liking are rather bland and boring to me!
    Let’s consider what wake we leave behind in our tracks, and carry ourselves accordingly. How would you like to be remembered? I hope to just remember you as the pastey sun starved Chrysler geek that you are at heart, and move forward from there. (: Take it easy! There may be a catastrophy in the future where we all have to hunker down together (?) and I would put money on the fact that you, as well as myself and my family, will have no mind for paying our taxes, if we are desperate for drinking water to survive. 🙂 Again, just sayin’!

Lastly, ladies and gents out there, thanks for skimming through my words and expressions today. It was a shock to stumble upon what you all have been sharing! Especially when it involves someone I have personally had interaction with! Life is never boring! Lol!

It is true, I do have the 81 Dodge Aries K wagon for sale, and this coming Saturday is the make it or break it deadline. Please do not molest my contact information, and forgive me in advance for being so blatant and naive ;). 951.623.6265. Text only at first. I appreciate it!

Take care everyone! Try to stay cool!

Jen :}

19. Brünhilde says:

There are K series car clubs? God, that’s sad. Those cars are awful and not at all worth preserving. They’re about as exciting as a block of stale velveeta.

20. Daniel says:

Sorry to say, but I have had a run-in with Guy this weekend. I guess he saw my daughters car on ebay and contacted me with the following message:

“Can I come see the car in person? I want to give the car a good home in our club, The Chrysler K-Car Club. I live in Sylmar. Please email back a contact. I appreciate it. Sincerely, Guy V.Coulombe, the Chrysler K-Car Club president”

I was under the impression that he was interested in purchasing and after a couple of phone calls I was lead to believe that his intentions were to purchase. I should have googled him before inviting him up. He shows up Sunday morning in his “Woody” wagon and is so proud of it that he invites me to drive it. I declined, since you could not even see thru the filthy windows and I prefer living.
    So then he wants to test drive the LeBaron but he wants me to film him so he can put the footage on his site to find it a good home. I was taken aback and told him that I thought he was interested in purchasing and that his discussions were a bit misleading. He stated that he did not mean to be misleading in any way. After reading more about his shenanigans I don’t think he was misleading…. He was downright DECEITFUL! What a whack job.

• GUY VINCENT COULOMBE says:

Daniel, you are an asshole, for lying about me on the internet, and treating me like crap when I offered you a free gift and a free testdrive of my wagon. You are a pathetic backstabber.

• GUY VINCENT COULOMBE says:

By the way Daniel, I never said I was buying your overpriced Mopar, you the man with SIX Porches in his driveway. I had plenty of collectors that were interested in that car. You and your pathetic cars can be thrown out with the rest of the garbage.

21. Andy says:

A couple years ago after Guy V sent out a terribly racist email I asked him to remove me from the club. Of course he just got nasty and did the name calling thing. My best advise is to ignore and avoid him at all cost. He isn’t someone you want to associate yourselves with. I pray for him to find peace and for him to find ways to get along with people better. Nonetheless , my recommendation is to just steer clear and don’t get involved with him on anything. Take the high road and walk away from the situation.

22. Camero says:

I haven’t seen this much drama over a mundane 1980’s car since Sam Smith crushed a Citroen CX

23. Steven E says:

I didn’t even own a K car but when I joined the K car Club he demanded multiple times for me to pay even though I didn’t own one so I just ended up leaving. Thankfully I was only interested in those cars for like 2 months.

24. The Ghost of Lee Iacocca says:

Meanwhile, Guy continues to post up fake Craigslist ads and blocks anyone who dares call him out for it.

I’d give him $20 if he’d learn the difference between “you’re” and “your.”

Maybe $30.